Saturday, December 7, 2013

Story of getting a stander pt 3

Within two hours of submitting for a medical review our claim was denied. Based upon the diagnosis there is not supported  documentation in medical journals that show a stander is a necessary piece of medical equipment.

I told her I had only one question.

Is there a diagnosis out there that does qualify for a stander?

She said no, not in my experience. There is no proper documentation that shows it to be necessary for any diagnosis.

Appeal information is coming in the mail. I'm going to appeal this. I have an advocacy group I'm contacting on Monday for help. I cannot let this issue go. Andy has received a stander from TRAID yesterday that fits. We do need a tray for it and we are open to anyone who might be able to help put one together.

If I let this issue with the health insurance go, not only am I letting down Andy, I am letting down every parent and child suffering that needs help with a stander but this insurance company won't help them.

I will change everything I can for Andy. I will make this world a little different. I am only one person, but every time something changes it is one person and it is everyone at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment