Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 19

This weekend is like the silence before the storm. We know that next weekend will not be like this one. We don't know when the next time we will have a weekend where Andy is not in pain again.

The day was filled with lots of playtime with Andy, and then he slept the afternoon away. Daddy played guitar for him until he fell asleep tonight.

I did notice something new because I was waiting for him to sleep this time. I had woken him up for his medicine, and then he seemed wide awake wanting to play. I couldn't resist. Why would I mind? We set him up in his high chair and I helped hand him toys. Then the spasms started. So I brought him to his crib, and laid him with gloworm.

I noticed when he has a spam, gloworm goes flying. Then he struggles to roll and reach gloworm. I saw moment of confusion on his face as it happened over and over again. He couldn't understand where gloworm kept going. I'm sad for him. He started trying to roll on his side and look at me between spasms, since I was offering him gloworm by sticking my arm into the crib but everytime he would see me, the spasm would force him to his back. Now I know why he's woken me up by screaming since Monday. It's a nightmare to try and imagine how it is from his view.

No comments:

Post a Comment