Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 29

Chaos over doctors. 
Nurses trying to be parents. Pediatrician's trying to be neurologists. And a miserable baby.

After 3 phone calls this morning a lot is sorted out. I know exactly who I want providing service for Andy and when. I'm not indecisive, and I think it's refusing to "go with the flow" that's causing my stress. The nurse at the neurologist office is printing a copy of all MRI scans and X-rays that have been done so I can bring them to the orthopedic doctor. Our PT thinks it could be good for him to go, the ortho at Bellevue signed off on him, lets see what this doctor says. Hopefully it won't turn into another doctor that I travel to Albany for with my increasing standards. 

1 weeks worth of ACTH is done. 3 weeks to go. This is our 5th day of no spasms. We had the visiting nurse by today who took his vitals and taught me how to test his glucose. With his physical therapy, Andy started looking around more. He's searching for his toys. 

What was really impressive is that he did not cry at all during the shot. I'm so appreciative. Spending the day in bed together because his irritability has subsided. Tomorrow we have no appointments, but I may have a few phone calls to make. I have the last medicine shipment scheduled for in the morning. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment