Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 37

First day of weaning. 

The shot itself was interesting. As soon as the needle hit his skin, Andy started kicking and then grabbed at the needle in his leg. His wiggling made the shot take longer because I have to pull back on the shot for blood before injecting. 

His personality has been much improved, even in comparison to before the ACTH began. I swear those spasms caused him so much pain. He gave little smiles especially when holding hands. That's how he was when he started smiling for the first time. If things go as before, next will be smiling during diaper changes and then mimicking smiles. I hope we can get back to that. 

Andy's hands were open more often and it was easy to open them. I stared at his palms all day. I've never had the opportunity to look at them and memorized them. They are the most beautiful that I've ever seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment