Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rome Medical Group

All my ducks are in a row. After receiving the pre registration paperwork for the orthopedic doctor, I'm glad I didn't try going yesterday. You have to bring previous images IN HAND. She had no idea he had been to one before. Perhaps if the doctor would have glanced at his file she would have known. The next time a parent tries to communicate that there's reasons they can't immediately see another doctor more communication is necessary.  I'm calling Rome Medical Group tomorrow and they're getting an earful. 

In addition to dropping the ball with a proper referral, she made more mistakes. (This was not the first referral mistake. That one was referring to a new ophthalmologist without sending along the old findings)

After seeing Andy's weight, she told me he was too low on the curve and feed him more. She wouldn't listen to the amount of formula he was taking, which is the most a baby should consume due to iron levels. Then I told her he had acid reflux from the injections and spitting up every feeding. She repeated to feed him more. Had she asked what type of formula he was eating, she could have made the recommendation my friend made. Sensitive formula. Instant fix today, he hasn't spit up once. 

Rome Medical Group is getting an earful from me tomorrow. I'm spending 4 hours riding in a car, I'll have the time on my hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment