Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 25 - skipped a couple nights

It has been too hard to keep up with everything, AND my blog. It shows how priorities shift when something needs to go. My days have been spent dropping Daddy off at work, then going to the doctors since Wednesday. We did the first ACTH shot in Albany on Wednesday. Then because of the time, and slowly needing to make the shot earlier in the day, I've had to go to our pediatricians office.

Monday he has his 9 month wellness visit, which is good because Dr. Pugh wanted him seen by the pediatrician next week anyway. In two weeks he has an EEG scheduled. If there are no spasms, we do the EEG, then I receive instructions for weaning. We will stay on the zonisamide for 3 months after the injections before weaning that medication. It's very certain Andy will have some form of seizures for the rest of his life.

I have to organize the deliveries of the medication because I have to be home, to sign for it and make sure it goes straight to the refrigerator. I've had to organize the 4 visits a week for therapy. By tuesday I should have a visiting nurse coming once or twice a week too.

Andy doesn't leave my sight, because it is essential to not miss any spasms. He had none on Wednesday. He had one group of them yesterday. If I had not gone upstairs to check on him, I would have missed knowing they happened. There was none today, and I know that for sure. I stayed by his side through sleep. He's eating a lot. And crying a lot. When he's full and happy, he is so happy. It's all about keeping him comfortable. We will be starting Zantac in the morning to prevent heartburn, I'm hoping it helps with his excess gas. I can hear him awake right now. He wakes every 30 minutes at night. Off to my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment