Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 2

Andy started his new seizure medicine last night. He woke up this morning happy as can be. He didn't have any seizures until he started eating his breakfast, then he had a couple. After breakfast he was tired, and I laid him down to sleep. He woke up. He was crying, so I held him. Then he had a cluster of seizures. I recorded them on video and sent the email to the neurologist.
He napped in my arms. I cried.

His occupational therapist cancelled her session, we prepared to go out. I watched him, memorizing the way he plays with his toys, and the curves of his face.

The time we spent out was nice. Andy had a lot of seizures and cried so hard the entire time he wasn't sleeping. But I knew he could see/feel the sun on his face, and aware of the sounds surrounding him.

He continued to cry long after we came home. He wasn't wet, hungry, or teething. All he could do was cry. When it was time for the last bottle, he cried because I kept pulling the bottle out of his mouth. He was seizing so how could I keep feeding him?

I'm giving him two seizure medications at this point. One by liquid, the other in a powder. By the end of the weekend I could be injecting medicine into his legs.

I'm done for the day. I have nothing left to give to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment