Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 8

Woke up a little before 6am.
I find Andy still asleep, he wakes up in a good mood, and eats without a problem
Dr. Pugh came in by 7:30, excited that Andy only had one spasm in the last 30 minutes.
I ask more about the MRI scan, and the answers are the same, we won't know more until the actual images are obtained from Bellevue. The test results for metabolic disorders and genetic issues will take a long time. Follow up in 2 weeks.
Andy was then discharged.
We went back the McDonald house, Andy did not want to be set down, so I was happy to comply. He's going through a growth spurt, and the amount of food he was eating made my stomach hurt. And well, watching him have seizures now makes me feel sick to my stomach. It happens so often.
He napped most of the time we were waiting, until Ben picked us up. It makes me sad that the Volunteer who checked us out was shocked that we want to make a small donation.

The ride back was a time of reflection for me. The prospect of our now lifetime battle with epilepsy and our social calendar for the rest of the week. I feel anxiety about being taken out of my safety zone. That beautiful, protected bubble of other parents with sick children that I could talk to almost 24/7 if I needed support. Now I will be surrounded with parents of healthy children again. I imagine it being very similar to how Andy may feel one day because no matter his differences or disabilities we live in a world for the "healthy".

When I got home it was chaos, I had to clean up after the mess that was left by daddy then I assembled the grill. I left all the suitcases packed, and decided it could wait. Andy settled back home, he was a little cranky but mostly tired. He's asleep now, and his sleep schedule is almost back to what it was.

Now to wait up for the new episode of Awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment