Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Day 9

I'm sitting down and resting for the first time today.

Waking up meant the beginning of chaos trying to balance getting back to normal and our social calendar.

Andy's spasms do not know that we have other things to do. They are gradually increasing nonetheless.

He interacted wonderfully with his friend Paisley, and seemed to enjoy her company. I had to take him for more blood tests today; after two tries the woman couldn't get enough blood from him. We have to try again tomorrow.

I had some mommy time socializing with other mothers tonight, and as bizarre as it felt, it was refreshing. The world keeps spinning even if yours has been still for days.

To speak out to those asking how Andy or I am doing, we are not okay. We are not going to be okay for a very long time. We are getting by. When we are alone we cuddle and I whisper to him how much I love him. And then he seizes in my arms. We are lost in our own world of trying to keep him comfortable, and I don't want to be anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment